Sunday, February 21, 2016

Movie# 52 Kill List

Working my way though Ben Wheatley's filmography.

Movie# 52 Kill List

Wow. Its been a long time since i movie shook me up this much and made me really think long after the credits roll. At first the ending pissed me off but the more I think about it I`m starting to change my mind. The disadvantage of this blog is I have to watch a new movie and write about it the same day. So it doesn't leave much time for multiple viewings. Wheatley;s film is certainly a mind bending film wrapped in a dark comedy about hit men. The direction, cast and visual style is refreshingly bold and its clear that in so short in his career he`s confident in his skills as a filmmaker and plays with unwritten film rules and then down right smashes them to pieces. I loved the domestic stuff at the start and then switches gears into pitch black comedy that reminded me of "Man Bites Dog"  I wont spoil the end but all I can say it its a film whip lash that left me "reeling" My brain was certainly fucked proper...Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment