Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Movie #34 Insidious 2 2013

It took me awhile but the first Insidious grew on me so of course at some point I knew I was going to see the other two.



Movie #34 Insidious 2  2013

I set my expectations rather low for this and while its far from perfect I did enjoy it. First off the acting is very good with much of the cast returning including Lin Shaye who despite being dead returns (which fits story wise) My biggest problem is while it has a interesting plot it gets convoluted and loses itself in its own self proclaimed cleverness. But having said that I do admire that they set out to not simply remake the first film like so many horror sequels do, it really feels like a complete him by itself yet adds to a much bigger story. Like I said I haven't seen three yet but i`m told its a prequel so I guess the juries still out on that one. No spoilers but the film leaves it open for another film and I actually wouldnt mind that. So problems yes but a fun spooky ride none the less..

No comments:

Post a Comment